Bentley has revealed the new Mulsanne (2010) at Frankfurt with a 6.75 litre engine with 752lbs/ft of torque.
The 2010 Bentley Mulsanne delivers 505bhp from its all new 6.75 litre V8. But more importantly it delivers 752lb/ft of torque – enough to shift the Albert Hall in to warp drive. And thanks to variable valve timing and re-worked internals including a forged crankshaft, that torque is available throughout the range. Which is going to make the Mulsanne’s performance ‘Adequate’, to say the least.
The Mulsanne is going to be able to stop as well as go, thanks to the optional ceramic brakes – a massive 16.5 inches and eight pistons at the front. The back has to do with 15.5 inch, four piston. Sad.
But it’s the toys department that is great. Bentley have shoved a 2200 watt sound system in; a key fob that works the doors, the radio, the seats, the steering wheel an even the blinds. And the bit we love: the Bentley has three modes for its suspension. So what, you may say – lots of cars do. Yes, you’re right, but apart from the Sport and Comfort mode – and a ‘Custom’ one that lets you set things up as you want – there is also a mode labelled ‘Bentley’. Why would you move it from that?
There’s oodles of info in the Bentley Mulsanne Press Release. And how does Bentley sum-up the new Mulsanne?
“No other car maker can offer such a blend of performance and refinement in a single vehicle. The new Mulsanne is a car that evokes the Bentley philosophy of building the best luxury grand tourers in the world.”
Bentley Mulsanne (2010) Specs
- Type: Twin-turbocharged V8
- Installation: Front, longitudinal, rear-wheel drive
- Construction: Alloy heads and block
- Capacity: 6750cc
- Power: 512PS / 505bhp / 377kW
- Torque: 1020Nm / 752 lb ft
- Type: Rear-wheel-drive
- Gearbox: ZF 8-Speed automatic
Body & Chassis
- Length: 5562mm (219.49in)
- Width: 1926mm (75.80in)
- Height: 1526mm (60.01in)
- Wheelbase: 3266mm (128.60in)
- Front Track: 1605mm (63.20in)
- Rear Track: 1651mm (65.00in)
- Wheels / tyres (standard): 9J x 20in. with 265/45 ZR 20 tyres
- (option): 9J x 21in. with 265/40 ZR 21 tyres
Bentley Mulsanne Photo Image Gallery