Lexus reveals UK pricing for the Lexus CT 200h. This is the press release.
- Lexus’s new full hybrid luxury compact model priced from £23,485 on the road (inclusive of VAT at 20 per cent)
- 94g/km* CO2 emissions and 68.9mpg* combined cycle fuel economy
- Band A Vehicle Excise Duty (£0 annual charge) and 10 per cent Benefit-in-Kind company car tax rating
- Three equipment grades – SE-I, SE-L and SE-L Premier
- SE-I standard features include dual-zone climate control, Bluetooth, 17-inch alloys, push button start and LED daytime running lights
- SE-L standard features include leather upholstery, heated front seats and front and rear parking sensors
- SE-L Premier standard features include LED headlamps (first in segment), cruise control, smart entry system, electrically adjustable front seats, 13-speaker Mark Levinson audio system, HDD satellite navigation, Lexus Remote Touch multi-function control and rear parking monitor
- Available to order now, first customer deliveries in early 2011
Lexus can reveal luxury specifications and competitive pricing and cost-of-ownership for the CT 200h, the model which will introduce full hybrid power to the UK’s small luxury car market.
In the UK the CT 200h is available in three equipment grades, SE-I, SE-L and SE-L Premier. Across the board equipment specifications reflect Lexus’s focus on peerless quality and refinement, plus segment-leading safety provisions.
On-the-road pricing starts at £23,485 for the SE-I model, inclusive of VAT at 20 per cent. This takes into account the fact that, although orders may be placed now, the sales tax rate must be applied at the time of delivery – the first cars will reach customers early in 2011. The competitive pricing aside, ownership costs are kept low thanks to the high fuel efficiency and ultra-low emissions performance of the Lexus Hybrid Drive powertrain: producing 94g/km* of carbon dioxide, the CT 200h earns a Band
A rating for Vehicle Excise Duty – hence a zero annual road tax bill and a 10 per cent Benefit-in-Kind charge for company car tax payers.
Lexus CT 200h pricing*
|CT 200h SE-I||£23,485|
|CT 200h SE-L||£25,200|
|CT 200h SE-L Premier||£30,635|
*Inclusive of VAT at 20 per cent
High equipment specifications are an established feature of all Lexus models and the new CT 200h sustains this reputation across all three model grades – SE-I, SE-L and SE-L Premier.
Of particular note are the first-in-segment LED headlights fitted as standard to the SE-L Premier and the availability of Lexus’s advanced radar-controlled Pre-Crash Safety (PCS) system and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). The CT 200h also adopts Lexus’s Remote Touch multi-function control, for simple and intuitive operation of ventilation, navigation, phone and vehicle set-up systems.
For all CT 200h grades, customers can choose between the 16in alloy wheels, optimised for a refined and comfortable driving experience, and the 17in alloy wheels, for more agility and dynamic appeal.
Overview – standard features and options
|CT 200h SE-I||CT 200h SE-L||CT 200h SE-L PREMIER|
Competitor performance comparison
As the table below illustrates, the Lexus CT 200h with its full hybrid powertrain, outperforms key rivals in terms of CO2 emissions and combined cycle fuel economy, earning a significantly more advantageous company car benefit-in-kind tax rating.
|Lexus CT||BMW 118d||Audi 2.0 Tdi|
|BIK 2011/12 (%)||10%||13%||18%||13%||18%|
|BIK 2012/13 (%)||10%||17%||22%||17%||19%|
|Combined fuel economy (mpg)||68.9||62.8||52.3||64.2||52.3|
|Acceleration 0-62mph (sec)||10.3||9.0||9.1||9.1||9.1|
* Data provisional pending homologation. Revised CO2 emissions data down from original provisional 96g/km figure.
Competitor price and specification comparison
As well as commanding an advantage in terms of fuel economy and low emissions, the Lexus CT 200h offers motorists a competitive price advantage, when like-for-like specifications are compared. For example, to meet the equipment features of the CT 200h SE-I – the model expected to account for the majority of sales – BMW 118d SE drivers would need to find almost an extra £1,700. Further details are provided in the data table below.
|(Note: prices inclusive of VAT at 17.5% for comparative purposes)||LEXUS
CT 200h SE-I
A3 2.0 TDI SE
|OTR price – automatic||£22,996||£23,185||£22,285|
|OTR price – manual||-||£21,725||£20,835|
|17in alloy wheels||•||£415||£650|
|Radio CD/MP3 (6-speaker)||•||£145||•|
|6-way adjustable front seats||•||•||•|
|Speed sensing power locks||•||•||•|
|Active brake lights||•||-||-|
|Dual-zone climate control||•||•||AC only|
|Push button start||•||•||•|
|Leather steering wheel||•||£200||•|
|LED daytime running lights||•||-||-|
|Rear privacy glass||•||-||£325|
|Specification adjusted price (auto)||£22,996||£24,675||£23,785|
|Percentage difference +/-||+7%||+3%|
|Specification adjusted price (manual)||£22,996||£23,215||£22,335|