BMW are offering a £2,000 incentive for drivers of any Euro 4 or older diesel car who trade it in for a new BMW with emissions below 130g/km.
The latest is BMW, who are now offering incentives of £2,000 for anyone who trades in a Euro 4 diesel car (or older) for any car in the BMW range which emits 130g/km of CO2 or less.
BMW say they don’t care what make or model the car you want to trade in is, as long as it’s registered to you, been owned by you for at least 12 months, and that the car you buy is registered in the same name at the same address.
The £2,000 extra is on top of what BMW are calling a ‘suitable average price’ for their trade-in, and it can be applied to any of the 80 per cent of BMW’s range which have emissions below 130g/km (and 70 per cent of the MINI range.
Graham Grieve, BMW UK CEO, said:
We know in the early phases that people still need some incentive to make the jump to fully electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles and that is why we are delighted to announce this new allowance.
For those who the alternative drivetrains do not suit their lifestyle we still offer allowance qualifying Euro-6 compliant petrol and diesel engine cars that are cleaner than ever.
It’s all a bit like the Scrappage scheme we saw a few years ago – although this time at BMW’s expense – so if you do have an older diesel to trade in it is useful, and the deal means it’s applicable to models in the whole BMW range.
BMW models eligible for the £2,000 dirty diesel allowance
- BMW 1 Series (118i, 116d, 118d, 120d, 125d)
- BMW 2 Series Coupé (218i, 218d, 220d, 225d)
- BMW 2 Series Convertible (218d, 220d, 225d)
- BMW 2 Series Active Tourer (218i, 220i, 225xe, 216d, 218d, 220d)
- BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer (218i, 216d, 218d, 220d)
- BMW 3 Series Saloon (318i, 320i, 330e, 316d, 318d, 320d)
- BMW 3 Series Touring (318i, 316d, 318d, 320d)
- BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo (318d, 320d)
- BMW 4 Series Coupé (420d)
- BMW 4 Series Convertible (420d)
- BMW 4 Series Gran Coupé (420d)
- BMW 5 Series Saloon (520i, 530e, 520d, 525d, 530d)
- BMW 5 Series Touring (520d, 525d)
- BMW 7 Series (740e, 725d, 730d, 740Le, 725Ld, 730Ld)
- BMW X1 (sDrive18i, sDrive18d, xDrive18d, xDrive20d)
- BMW X5 (xDrive40e)
- BMW i (i3, i3 with Range Extender, i8)