Ferrari has officially launched the new, mid-engined Ferrari 458 Italia at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
Yes, we’ve seen the pictures. We’ve seen a teaser video. We’ve even had Michael Schumacher waxing lyrical about it. And we’ve had the private premiere. But now we have the launch of the Ferrari 458 Italia at the Frankfurt Motor Show – the first all-new, mid-engined Ferrari in a decade.
The styling is a little subjective; it’s very much of the time. To us it looks fantastic, and if the 458 wallpaper downloads from Cars UK are anything to go by, you feel the same.
We know how quick it is – 0-60mph in around 3.4 seconds and over 200mph – and we know all about the toys and the new dash. There’s the new Vehicle Dynamic Assistance which monitors the engine, gearbox, brakes and tyres and lets you know if its ready to play.
But even though we know much of what there is to know, an excuse to put up the 458 can’t be missed. So the 458 picture gallery below has had a few new pictures added to it. There’s the shot of the 458 live on the Ferrari stand today at the top. And there’s a new pile of information in the Ferrari 458 Italia press release.
The 458 Italia should be in the UK by Spring 2010. Expect a price of around £150,000 – for starters.
Ferrari 458 Italia Technical specifications
Dimensions and weight
- Overall length: 4527 mm/178.2 in
- Overall width: 1937 mm/76.3 in
- Height: 1213 mm/47.8 in
- Wheelbase: 2650 mm/104.3 in
- Front track: 1672 mm/65.8 in
- Rear track: 1606 mm/63.2 in
- Kerb weight*: 1485 kg/3274 lb
- Dry weight*: 1380 kg/3042 lb
- Weight distribution: 42% front – 58% rear
- Boot capacity: 230 l/8.1cu ft
- Fuel tank capacity: 86 l/22.7 US gall./18.9 Imp. Gall.
- Front: 235/35 20″ x 8.5”
- Rear: 295/35 20″ x 10.5”
- Front: 398x223x36 mm/15.7×8.8×1.4 in
- Rear: 360x233x32 mm/14.2×9.2×1.3 in
- Type: V8 – 90°
- Total displacement: 4499 cc/274.5 cu in
- Bore/stroke: 94×81 mm/ 3.7×3.2 in
- Maximum power: 425kW** (570CV**) @ 9000 rpm
- Maximum torque: 540Nm (398lbs/ft) @ 6000 rpm
- Specific output: 127 CV/litre/1.55 kW/cu in
- Maximum revs per minute: 9000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Maximum speed: >325 km/h/>202 mph
- 0-100km/h (0-62mph): <3.4s
- 0-200km/h (0-124mph): 10.4s
- 0-400m (0-437 yards): 11.3s
- 0-1000m (0-1093 yards): 20.3s
- 100-0 km/h (62-0 mph): 32.5 m/106.6ft
- Dry weight/power ratio: 2.42 kg/CV/7.16lb/kW
- Fiorano lap time: 1’25”
Fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- Fuel consumption***(European market version): 13.3l/100km
- CO2 Emission*** (European market version): 307g CO2/km
Transmission and gearbox
- F1 dual-clutch transmission, 7 gears
- E-Diff3, F1-Trac, High-Performance ABS