We finally have performance figures for the Koenigsegg Agera R, which will hit 62mph in 2.9 seconds and carry on to 261mph
We managed to break the story that the seemingly one-off Koenigsegg Agera R was going in to production, back in January. Which was the first story of any note to come from Koenigsegg since the original Agera turned up at Geneva 2010 and Christian von Koenigsegg had a bash at buying Saab.
As expecetd, the Koenigsegg Agera R tipped up at Geneva – complete with optional roof-box for skis – resplendent in white and boasting some impressive numbers.
Those numbers included and output of 1115hp from its 5.0 litre Koenigsegg V8 and a weight of 1330kg, together producing a power to weight ratio that would embarrass a Veyron. But what we didn’t have were actual performance figures. Until now.
We now know that the 1115hp on offer will take the Agera R to 62mph in just 2.9 seconds. It will also get to 124mph in 7.5 seconds. It will then carry on to a top speed of 261mph. Which is approaching Bugatti Veyron Super Sport territory.
The additional performance comes at a price of ‘just’ €130k over the regular Agera (which costs €850k). Both plus taxes,
Almost a bargain, and a lot less than a Super Sport Veyron.
Koenigsegg Agera R Performance
- Power output: 1115 hp at 6900 rpm
- Torque: over 1000 Nm from 2700 to 6170 rpm
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 2.9 seconds
- 0-200 km/h 7.5 sec | 0-200-0 km/h 12.7 sec
- Top Speed: 420kph
- Braking distance (100-0 km/h): 30.5m
- Lateral g-force: 1.6 g
- Fuel consumption: Highway travel: 12,5 l/100km | Combined: 14,7/100km
- Weight-to-power ratio: 1.19 kg/hp (dry weight)
- Weight distribution: 45% front | 55% rear
- Emission levels: Euro V